This workshop provides instruction and practice on the topics of; welding procedures, welder qualification, mechanical tests and properties, welding inspection and flaws, and nondestructive tests. It provides the application of weld measurements using replicas and weld samples with measuring tools, and evaluation using a supplied “Book of Specifications” and with use of practical knowledge.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the responsibilities of a welding inspector
- Select and examine the welding procedure specification, including application type, and contents
- Compare destructive testing methods in terms of the material properties they measure and explain how to conduct them.
- Demonstrate the visual inspection process
- Recognize and explain nondestructive testing methods for welded joints
- Examine and determine weld acceptability in-accordance with various codes and specifications
Bookings are closed for this event.